Faculty & Staff Information
Below are some reminders and instructions for the WSU Health Sciences Spokane Commencement Ceremony on May 3rd at the Spokane Veterans Memorial Arena.
What time should you arrive?
- Hooders need to arrive by 1:30 PM
- Platform Party, including faculty, Dignitaries and respected guests need to arrive by 1:30PM for the line-up.
- Don’t forget your regalia. WSU regalia is available at the Spokane Bookie. Contact Craig Thorsen at 509-358-7860 or email email@example.com. The deadline for Faculty to order regalia is Friday, March 8, 2019.
Where do I check-in?
- Faculty and Dignitaries will be in TBD.
- WSU Regents will be in TBD.
How do I get to the Spokane Veterans Memorial Arena?
- If you drive, you may park at the Veterans Memorial Arena parking lot at your own expense.
- If you would rather walk, it is a lovely 20-25 min walk via the Centennial Trail and North thru Riverfront Park.
What time will the ceremony end?
How many graduates are attending?
We anticipate about 200 students will attend the ceremony.
All staff are welcome to attend the Commencement ceremony as guests or volunteers.
The Commencement Committee relies on volunteers to help the event run smoothly. Staff who would like to volunteer at the ceremony should fill out the staff RSVP. Student Affairs will contact volunteers with further instructions and job duties.
Staff may attend ceremony as a guest and do not need to RSVP or notify Student Affairs.