Faculty & Staff Information
Below are some reminders and instructions for the WSU Health Sciences Spokane Commencement Ceremony on May 4th at the Spokane Convention Center.
What time should you arrive?
- Hooders need to arrive by 1:30 PM
- Platform Party, including faculty, Dignitaries and respected guests need to arrive by 1:30PM for the line-up.
- Don’t forget your regalia. WSU regalia is available at the Spokane Bookie. Contact Craig Thorsen at 509-358-7860 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for Faculty to order regalia is Friday, March 9, 2018.
Where do I check-in?
- Faculty and Dignitaries will be in room 207.
- WSU Regents will be in room 207.
How do I get to the Spokane Convention Center?
- There will be a free shuttle from campus to the Spokane Convention Center for faculty, staff, graduates and their guests. Parking is free on campus Friday. Information about the free shuttle will be coming soon.
- If you would prefer to drive, you may park at the Convention Center parking garage, or elsewhere downtown at your own expense.
- If you would rather walk, it is a lovely 10 min walk via the Centennial Trail.
What time will the ceremony end?
How many graduates are attending?
We anticipate about 200 students will attend the ceremony.
All staff are welcome to attend the Commencement ceremony as guests or volunteers.
The Commencement Committee relies on volunteers to help the event run smoothly. Staff who would like to volunteer at the ceremony should fill out the staff RSVP. Student Affairs will contact volunteers with further instructions and job duties.
Staff may attend ceremony as a guest and do not need to RSVP or notify Student Affairs.