Yakima Student Health Services
- Every student taking seven or more credits in the fall and spring semesters and one or more credits in the summer is automatically charged a student health fee ($100.00) with tuition.
- This fee is not intended as a substitute for a health/medical insurance policy and does not cover care for dependents.
- Regardless of whether a student has government or private health care insurance, the university requires payment of the fee. Health and Wellness Services receives no funding from the university or the state to provide health care for students.
- The summer health fee is charged for all students enrolled in any of the sessions offered. You can visit the WSU Budget Office for the current health fee.
Accessing Student Health Services
Students who pay the health fee receive access to a wide range of services and resources at no extra cost. If you need primary healthcare services, call Range Community Clinic at (509) 471-7828 from 8 AM – 4 PM, Monday through Friday for an appointment. Services are provided virtually. Students are encouraged to use private insurance for emergency care needs.
If you have questions, please contact Jane Summers at (509)358-7537.
Teladoc gives you access 24 hours, 7 days a week to a U.S. board-certified physician through the convenience of phone, video or mobile app visits. Teladoc is a free service and is covered by payment of the health fee. Check out the Info flyer attached, and their website at www.teladoc.com/.
To utilize the service please fill out this interest form.
Yakima Counseling Services
Some counseling services are offered free of charge to students at Washington State University residing in Yakima. This is for students who wish to discuss personal concerns, such as academic stress, adjustment to college life, relationship problems, career decisions, depression, or anxiety. We also provide consultation regarding alcohol and drug use, problematic eating and food issues, and physical or sexual abuse.
To Make an Appointment with a Counselor for WSU Health Sciences students, either call 509-358-7740 during regular business hours, or complete the Counseling Request Form.
The following immunizations are covered:
- MMR (Measles/Mumps/Rubella)
- Tuberculosis Screening
- HPV (Human Paploma Virus)
The following Pharmacy will provide immunizations to students under the Health Fee:
Tieton Village & Drug
3708 Tieton Dr.
Yakima, WA 98902
Hours: Mon. – Fri., 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Closed: Saturday and Sunday